Entrepreneurship is a process of starting a business. The person who owns and discovers the business idea is an Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur develops a business plan, acquires required resources and is fully responsible for the success or failure of the enterprise.
Below are 22 Very Important Topics You Need To Know To Understand Entrepreneurship Subject:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PERSPECTIVE
- Introduction, importance and significance, Entrepreneurship Development – world perspective.
- Concept of entrepreneurship development, Evolution and growth – stages. Theories of entrepreneurships.
- Concept of Entrepreneur, Intrapreneur, Entrepreneurship and Manager. Difference between Entrepreneur and Intrapreneur, Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur and Manager.
- Attributes and Characteristics of successful entrepreneur. Developing entrepreneurial culture. Qualities of a successful entrepreneur.
- Role of Entrepreneur in Indian Economy (Developing economy with reference to self-employment) development.
- Successful Entrepreneurs case studies : Dhirubhai Ambani, Aditya Birla – Background, growth as an entrepreneur. Case study on entrepreneurial development in India.
CREATING ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURE
- Business Planning Process, understanding business life cycle and product life cycle.
- Environmental Analysis, Search and Scanning – Strength and weakness
- Identifying problems and opportunities – Opportunities and Threats
- Defining Business Idea, Product, location and ownership
- Stages in starting the new venture
- Entrepreneurial Models – Franchises, BPO, KPO, venture capital funding.
- Meaning of project, objectives and how to choose a project.
- Preparing a business plan, marketing plan, financial plan and organization plan
- Estimating and Financing funds requirement.
- Schemes offered by various commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Working capital, Meaning, need & significance. Determinants of working capital
Role of Central and State Government in promoting Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to various incentives, subsidies & grants; Promotion of export oriented units; Fiscal and tax concessions
- Role of DIC (District Industries Centre) in the Entrepreneurship Development & ED Programmes; DIC-its functioning and objectives.
- Entrepreneurship Training and Development. Objectives-contents-methods-execution
- Problems and difficulties of Entrepreneurs-Marketing Finance, Human Resource- Future of entrepreneurship in India
- Women Entrepreneurs in India